A free, Open Source app for generating strong, pseudo-random passwords.
Cryptnos is a multi-platform, Open Source application for generating strong, pseudo-random passwords using cryptographic hashes. It combines a unique "site token" such as a website domain name with a master password and runs this data through a cryptographic hash algorithm to produce a password that is unique, lengthy, seemingly random yet completely repeatable. Unlike similar products, however, it is exceedingly flexible. It is not a browser plugin, so it can be used with other applications outside the Web. It provides unparalleled versatility by letting you specify the cryptographic hash to use, how many iterations of the hash to perform, what characters to include, and how long the final password should be. Best of all, it is exceedingly secure. Your master and generated passwords are *NEVER* stored, and the parameters to recreate your passwords are stored using strong AES-256 encryption.
* Supported hashing algorithms: MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Whirlpool (2003 revision), and Tiger (1995 original, not "Tiger2")
* Further modify the generated password for character class or length constraints (e.g. limit to only alphanumerics and a maximum of 12 characters)
* Cross-platform import/export mechanism allows parameters to be copied from one instance of Cryptnos on one machine to another instance on another machine, strongly encrypting the export file using AES-256
* Integrated help
See our website for more detailed information (and replies to your comments!).
The functionality of Cryptnos may be enhanced if any of the following file manager and bar code scanning applications are installed. These apps are not required for Cryptnos to operate, but their presence will enable additional functionality.
* OI File Manager
* ES File Explorer
* ZXing Barcode Scanner
* QR Droid / QR Droid Private
* Version 1.3.1: Added option to clear master and generated password boxes when Cryptnos goes into the background. Changed behavior of master password boxes so that when the user taps the Enter key, the Generate button event is triggered. Minor code clean-up and performance tweaks.
* Version 1.3.0: New icon-based main menu; import/export via QR code if compatible QR code scanner is installed; selective import from file; numerous minor UI enhancements and bug fixes