Break the language barrier between healthcare professionals and Spanish-speaking patients.
This pocket-sized book contains virtually all health-related terms likely to occur in a conversation between a health worker and a Spanish-speaking patient, including common colloquialisms and slang terms not found in similar dictionaries.
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
The Third Edition contains over 20,000 entries and 5,000 new terms have been added. Scanning the fields of medicine, nursing, and dentistry, this essential, pocket-sized book contains virtually every health-related term likely to occur in conversation between a healthcare professional and a Spanish-speaking patient. In addition, you’ll find common colloquialisms and hard-to-find phrases, along with helpful labels that identify terms unique to a specific Latin American country.
Glenn T. Rogers, MD, currently directs a clinic for the underserved located in rural northern California. He attended UC Berkeley, majored in mathematics. He was accepted to the PhD program there, but decided to start a business importing embroidered clothes from Mexico. He perfected his Spanish by spending 3-4 months of the year in Mexico, tending to his import business. After doing some soul searching he decided he wanted to something more important, and applied to medical school. Dr. Rogers was accepted and attended the University of Cincinnati, and did a residency in Internal Medicine at L.A. County+USC. Many of the many patients were Spanish-speaking only, and again he was able to work on his medical Spanish. The first edition of his best selling dictionary was authored and published during his residency. DR. Rogers later worked in the ER for 3 years at LAC+USC, then private practice in Bakersfield for 2 years.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Ability to add bookmarks to favorite words
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Convenient two pane design for tablets
* Fast article scrolling
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
目前，格伦吨罗杰斯，MD，为缺医少药的诊所位于加利福尼亚州北部农村定向。他参加了加州大学伯克利分校，主修数学。他接受博士课程，但决定从墨西哥进口绣花的衣服，做起了生意。他完善他的西班牙，花了3-4个月的一年，在墨西哥，抚育他的进口业务。做一些自我反省后，他决定他想更重要的东西，并将其应用于医疗学校。罗杰斯博士接受和参加了美国辛辛那提大学，并做了内科居住在洛杉矶县USC。许多许多患者只能讲西班牙语，他再次能够工作在他的医疗西班牙语。他最畅销的字典第一版撰写并发表在他的居住。 DR。罗杰斯后来在急诊室工作LAC + USC，然后在贝克斯菲尔德的私人执业2年为3年。
*野生卡 - “？”和“*”代替单词中的字母一个字母和组