Norton Spot scans for advertising networks that may spam your device. Identify apps that don't respect your privacy and remove them. Monitor for intrusive alerts and aggressive mobile advertising (madware), including apps that constantly push ads to your notification bar, create unauthorized desktop shortcuts, and secretly collect your personal information. We spot the madware, you decide whether to keep it.
It's your device. Take back control with Norton Spot.
• Scan and identify apps that display intrusive ads on your device
• Remove app spam and aggressive advertising networks
• Catch ad networks attempting to hide from ad detectors (ad module obfuscation)
• Sort apps by potential annoyance levels
• Identify which apps are collecting your personal information without permission
• Uninstall apps that don't respect your privacy
WHAT IS MOBILE ADWARE (MADWARE)?
Madware, the term that’s been adopted for the Mobile Adware category, refers to ad networks that subject users to over-aggressive advertising on their mobile devices.
Due to the open nature of the Android ecosystem, spammy apps are on the rise. Without a madware blocker installed on your device, they can override your personal settings, collect your personal information, and slow down your phone. Your mobile device is a computer, and can be vulnerable in the same manner as a desktop.
Some examples of madware behaviors:
• Collects your device’s phone number
• Collects location information
• Displays ads on your notification bar
• Adds icons or shortcuts to device screen
• Modifies your web browser bookmarks
• Replaces your dial tone with an audio ad
• Sends you ads through text messages
• Changes your web browser homepage
• Deliberately hides from ad detectors (advertising module obfuscation)
A trustworthy app will generally adhere to the following guidelines:
• The user experience is consistent with in-app advertising. Unfortunately, some apps aggressively bombard users with ads and alerts that can be potentially annoying.
• There is clear separation between content and advertising. Some app developers have been known to disguise alerts, shortcuts, bookmarks, and icons as default settings without the user's consent.
• Freedom to navigate the app without walls. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information in order to fully use the app provides a poor user experience.
• A private web browsing experience. In-app ads should not interfere with third party ads and websites.
• An honest product description. Deceptive app developers have provided inaccurate statements and claims to increase downloads.
Only install an app if you trust the app's developer. This includes current app versions and updates. Use a madware killer or stopper to help you evaluate an app's trustworthiness.
TRUST NORTON BY SYMANTEC
Founded in 1982, Symantec has more than 20,500 employees in more than 50 countries. We are the global leader in providing security, storage, and systems management solutions. In an information-driven world, consumers, small businesses, and large global organizations rely on Symantec to secure and manage their data.
Norton is our flagship brand for Antivirus, Malware, and Mobile Security Protection. Our family of apps provides solutions to your everyday mobile security needs. With over 23 years of experience, trust Norton to keep your personal data safe.
NORTON MOBILE SECURITY LITE (RECOMMENDED)
For maximum protection, install Norton Mobile Security Lite. Protect your Android from theft, malware and viruses. Locate your lost or stolen device.
Download Norton Mobile Security Lite: http://NortonApps.com/security
For more information: http://www.symantec.com/about/profile/privacypolicy/