****Developer Note: Please check out our latest app, Noom Weight Loss Coach which has all the best aspects of Calorific plus exercise tracking, personalized coaching and much more!****
Calorific: Lose weight without losing your mind.
Calorific is a new and simple approach to tracking & improving your diet. It’s focused on changing your eating habits, instead of providing a calorie count.
Typical calorie counters require lots of work, and it’s hard to use them long enough for them to work. They look precise, but it’s an illusion -- portion sizes are hard to measure and everyone's body is very different every day. Face it, for most food you are eating, you already know it’s bad. What you need is accountability.
Calorific uses the three-color traffic light system to keep you aware and accountable. Just classify your food into Great (green), OK (yellow), Bad (red) categories and off you go. Eat an apple, and you log a green. A coke or candy is red. Not sure what color or size? Then look it up in our Food Search. As soon as you’ve logged a meal, Calorific will give your day a star rating -- use this to improve your next meal.
So easy, but does it work? Study after study shows that simple logging works better. Simple logging helps you be consistent, which teaches you better habits. Sure, you might log something wrong, but it’s all about awareness and actual changes. Over time, as you learn more about the categories, you learn to eat better instead of being dependent on an app. This approach is inspired by the GI Diet and Dean Ornish’s Spectrum, two research-proven dietary methods.
Here are some features:
* Instant Food Search -- it shows you the food as you type them, plus groups similar foods together. Try searching for “Apple” -- instead of getting 20 different types of Apples, you get varied apple foods.
* Five-Star Rating -- instant feedback to tell you how healthy your meals are
* Your Ratio vs. Ideal Ratio -- contrast your food intake with the ideal, and work to improve your diet. The food colors are based on nutrition research, and
* More Info section for each category teaches you about food -- select this after searching for food.
* Water Tracking -- helps you log how many cups you drink per day
Let's face it: calorie counting is hard.
Healthier eating is easy, and Calorific can help you do that.
Calorific is brought to you by WorkSmart Labs, a leading wellness technology company, with over 7 million users worldwide using our fitness and diet apps.