Secure notepad using SQLCipher for Android with 256-bit AES Encryption
This is a simple open-source notepad app which demonstrates the capability of the SQLCipher for Android encrypted database library. All notes created and stored by this app are saved fully secured using industry standard 256-bit AES encryption. They are never stored in an unencrypted state on the disk, only in memory.
The source and project can be found here:
SQLCipher is an SQLite extension that provides transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files. To date, the core library has been open-sourced, sponsored and maintained by Zetetic LLC, and it was ported to Android in 2011 by the Guardian Project.
Learn more about SQLCipher for Android here:
Export compliance for this application is managed through the SQLCipher project: https://github.com/sjlombardo/sqlcipher
notepad, notes, note taking, secure, encrypted, sqlcipher, free, open-source
- now support "Lock" option to close database
- removal of in memory password cacheing (more secure!)
- upgrades notes from previous versions now
- Added support for Android 2.1 through to Android 3.1
- Supports storage of photos and text
- Support import and export through share option