- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- for regions Europe, North & South America, Asia, Africa and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location display
- alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
- alarm background service
- support for notifications and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
Please visit http://www.blitzortung.org for more information regarding the community based lightning location project. http://www.blitzortung.org.
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.
Note to Australian/US west coast users: The blitzortung.org network is currently concentrated on the eastern part of the continent. If you would like to help to extend the coverage to other parts of Australia/South America/Asia/Africa, please participate in the blitzortung.org network. Further information can be found here http://blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=2. Thank you!
Project Repository: https://github.com/wuan/bo-android
Using the GPS location provider in combination with the background service can lead to high battery use. Please use the network or the passive location provider for background operation.