This is a homescreen widget that displays a 12-at-the-top 24 hour analog clock. Noon is at the top, so that the hour hand mimics the path of the sun.
In addition to the time, it will display when the sun rises/sets for your current location on the dial.
If the 2x2 widget is too small for you, stay tuned - a new version should hopefully be available soon which has up to 4x4 (and resizable on 4.x devices) widgets.
The sunrise/sunset feature uses the location permission. This will not impact battery life as it never actively requests location - it only uses cached locations acquired by other apps.
Note note: Support for the Galaxy Note is coming soon! If you are a developer and want to help with the effort of bring Note support, please contact the developer below.
Source code is available on the site.
license: GPL v3
• now shows native clock/alarms when clicked
• fixes DST handling for sunrise/sunset
• new feature: shows sunrise/sunset time in the background of the dial. This requires the location permissions, which the widget only uses passively so that it will have no effect on battery consumption.
• Optimized drawing and reduced memory consumption to hopefully fix crash
• Adds preview for Android 4.0